Aura Biosciences seeks individuals who are passionate about mastering novel new technologies, want to improve outcomes to combat the most challenging diseases and want to have fun while accomplishing our goals.
Location: Cambridge, MA
Summary: Aura Biosciences is an energetic biotechnology company exploring the potential of viral-based nanoparticles for anti-cancer therapies. We are currently looking for a passionate and outstanding Analytical Chemist to help us achieve our goals. We are looking to fulfill this position as soon as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform routine protein purification runs on AKTA explorer.
2. Complete characterization (qualitative and quantitative) of the protein production runs using standard analysis techniques (e.g. SDS-PAGE, BCA assay, Dynamic Light Scattering).
3. Developing HPLC-based methods for improved understanding and analysis of protein subunits and characterization of protein-drug conjugates.
4. Conduct stability testing of samples using established protocols.
5. Contribute to research planning for future products.
6. Maintain lab notebook and document protein production runs in common databases.
7. Provide assistance as needed to maintain functioning laboratory; including glassware cleaning, inventory control and other general lab duties.
8. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Experience on AKTA Explorer is a must as is experience in protein purification.
2. Experience in operating analytical HPLC equipment (experience with Waters HPLC preferred).
3. Experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis of proteins and small molecules.
4. Experience with UV/Vis and fluorescence spectroscopy.
5. Experience on working with virus-like particles (VLPs) or antibody-drug conjugates is a plus.
Aura Biosciences is a fast paced environment – the right candidate should thrive in such a setting. The right person for this role will also be able to work independently, and must be able to efficiently manage their work schedule. A strong attention to detail is a key asset the successful candidate will have. Finally, the suitable candidate must be able to apply standard principles, theories and concepts in their field but will also have working knowledge of other related disciplines in order to understand the importance of their role in the larger context of our company and our goals.
M.Sc degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or related sciences from four-year college or university; and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A B.Sc. degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or related sciences is also acceptable, provided the individual has at least 5 years of experience in an industry setting.
Please direct inquiries to Angela Goff at firstname.lastname@example.org.