LOCATION: CAMBRIDGE, MA
At Aura Biosciences, we are developing a new class of therapies to target and destroy cancer cells selectively, while leaving surrounding tissue unharmed – an approach we call molecular surgery. By safely eliminating cancer locally, we can treat early and transform the lives of people with a wide range of cancers that are poorly managed today.
Our lead program in ocular melanoma is designed to remove cancer cells in the back of the eye as a first-line therapy potentially long before the disease progresses and metastasizes to the liver, where it almost always is fatal. Development of a first-in-class treatment option to selectively destroy cancer cells would create the possibility of a cure in this and other cancers where the disease can be detected early.
Reporting to the Senior Scientist, the Assay Development Scientist, ELISA/Immunoassay will in a timely manner develop immunoassay (ELISA) methods to support DMPK study.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Function as Analytical Development Scientist focusing on ELISA/Immunoassay development.
- Perform method development and apply methods to monitor drug levels in biological matrices.
- Write technical documents such as test methods, SOPs, protocols, and reports.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable lab safety, and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate professionally with internal and external partners.
- Degree in biochemistry or related field, with 1+ years of related work experience. Knowledge and/or experience in assay qualification. Experience in GLP settings is a plus.
- Depth of analytical knowledge and experience in immunoassay approaches to supporting DMPK, especially working experience with animal tissue samples and matrix effects.
- Competency with common laboratory operations and troubleshooting.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to follow lab requirements, keep detailed records, and competently peer-review analytical data and results.
- Ability to resolve non-routine problems requiring evaluation of data and factor analysis.
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually to properly design experiments and analyze results.
Email a cover letter and a copy of your CV to HR@aurabiosciences.com referencing the position description in the subject line.