LOCATION: CAMBRIDGE, MA
At Aura Biosciences, we are developing a new class of therapies to target and destroy cancer cells selectively, while leaving surrounding tissue unharmed – an approach we call molecular surgery. By safely eliminating cancer locally, we can treat early and transform the lives of people with a wide range of cancers that are poorly managed today.
Our lead program in ocular melanoma is designed to remove cancer cells in the back of the eye as a first-line therapy potentially long before the disease progresses and metastasizes to the liver, where it almost always is fatal. Development of a first-in-class treatment option to selectively destroy cancer cells would create the possibility of a cure in this and other cancers where the disease can be detected early.
Reporting to the Senior Scientist, the Assay Development Scientist will be responsible to develop, qualify and transfer analytical methods to support biopharmaceutical product development. The incumbent will interact with in-house team and CRO/CMO to ensure timely progress in technology development, as well as documentation and smooth technology transfer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Function as Analytical Development Scientist for one or more projects. Design and execute laboratory experiments for development, qualification, verification, and transfer of analytical testing methods using multiple analytical techniques, to support research and development projects.
- Write technical documents such as test methods, SOPs, protocols, and reports.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable lab safety, and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate professionally with internal and external partners.
- Functions as a subject matter expert (SME) in the department.
- Degree in biochemistry or related field. PhD with 2+ years, MS with 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- Depth of analytical knowledge and experience in protein chemistry, with multiple chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques for identification, purity, and characterization of protein, nanoparticles and their chemically modified forms.
- Competency with common laboratory operations. Competency in the operation and troubleshooting of HPLC, DLS, plate reader, and other lab equipment.
- Experience in VLP purification and characterization techniques is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Basic and advanced mathematics including algebra and statistical data analysis proficiency.
- Ability to follow lab requirements, keep detailed records, and competently peer-review analytical data and results.
- Ability to resolve complex non-routine problems requiring in-depth evaluation of data and factor analysis, including leading scientific investigations.
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually to properly design experiments and analyze results.
Email a cover letter and a copy of your CV to HR@aurabiosciences.com referencing the position description in the subject line.