Location: Cambridge, MA
At Aura Biosciences, we are developing a new class of therapies to target and destroy cancer cells selectively, while leaving surrounding tissue unharmed – an approach we call molecular surgery. By safely eliminating cancer locally, we can treat early and transform the lives of people with a wide range of cancers that are poorly managed today.
Our lead program in ocular melanoma is designed to remove cancer cells in the back of the eye as a first-line therapy potentially long before the disease progresses and metastasizes to the liver, where it almost always is fatal. Development of a first-in-class treatment option to selectively destroy cancer cells would create the possibility of a cure in this and other cancers where the disease can be detected early.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a product development background to join a cross-functional team and employ knowledge in cell culture, downstream protein purification and analysis to drive the manufacturing and characterization of our nanoparticle-based biologic candidates. The individual will contribute to the development and optimization of our first product entering clinical evaluation and will help drive future products from research through development. The candidate is expected to be highly self-motivated and a well-organized team player.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support mammalian cell expansion and transfection, biomass harvest and clarification.
- Support protein purification process including buffer preparation, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot and BCA assay.
- Protein purification techniques include: chromatography (cation exchange, anion exchange, affinity, and size exclusion), centrifugation, ultrafiltration/diafiltration (TFF UF/DF) and chromatography column packing. Experience with AKTA system required.
- Perform bio-conjugation experiments and characterize the resulting bio-conjugate.
- Maintain accurate laboratory notebook.
- Must have the ability and drive to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Assist supervisor in data analysis, conclusions and future planning.
- General lab organization and maintenance including equipment maintenance and calibration; cost-effective management of assay material and reagent inventories.
- Minimum of 5 years' biologics development experience with BS degree, or 3 years with a Master's degree in pharmaceutical and/or biologics development field. Solid working knowledge of chemistry, biology, biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Hands-on experience with chromatographic workstations (e.g. AKTA).
- Experience with SDS-PAGE, Western Blot and other common analytical approaches appropriate for characterization.
- Capable of performing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with attention to details and accurate record keeping.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills, ability to work independently on project with minimal supervision, design experiments and analyze data. Curious and passionate about science with a willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Proficient in Windows-based software to include Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Email a cover letter and a copy of your CV to HR@aurabiosciences.com referencing the position description in the subject line.